In our classes, by using stimulating, lively discussions and interesting exercises, we:
- learn about the stages of labour
- discuss interventions
- learn how to make informed choices
- learn about comfort measures and optimal maternal positioning
- discuss pain medications
- build a pain-coping mindset
- explore birth fears and expectations
- learn how to cope with unexpected or unwanted events during labour
- prepare for the postpartum period (including breastfeeding)
Every class begins with learning and practicing pain-coping techniques!
Every series includes a postpartum reunion and a special class for partners.
In the special class for partners, partners learn:
- labour etiquette: what to do and not do
- how to protect the labour space and be a “birth guardian”
- how to be present in labour while taking care of themselves